Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

your bootable usb drive could not be created win10x64

User uploaded file

I tried with windows 7, 8 and now windows 10... For only once i was able to make the usb drive and create a bootcamp partition but then i got error while installing windows (7), i must say this i kind of disappointing, as I was able to work with bootcamp before in many computers without any problem.

this time it just won't work.

<Image Edited by Host to Remove Personal Information>

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), null

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 5:35 PM

7 replies

Jul 31, 2015 7:03 PM in response to Loner T

Hello Loner T,

I disconnected the 4TB external hard drive as well as other two I had connected.

The problem continue, same message, any other advise? This is a official copy of windows 10 64bit from microsoft website. I also burned a DVD just in case, but since the computer don't have optical drive and bootcamp don't assume my external apple optical drive, I won't go further than this.

Perhaps reinstall OSX? Although I tried this when I bought it and the problem started right away.

thank you in advance for your help, and anyone that might come here.

Aug 2, 2015 12:32 PM in response to Loner T

I was about to format my imac so i did it before i try your solution, i update it to yosemite, I give it a try with windows 10 before I loose more time buying windows 8, and it worked, at least it made the USB bootable flash drive with windows 10, and made the partition, but after that nothing happen, it did not instaled windows, and although bootcamp is on my desktop when i pressa ALT at the starting menu it does not appear, I only have my hard drive and recovery.. no bootcamp

Aug 2, 2015 4:19 PM in response to Loner T

I figured out why the usb flash wasn't on my start screen, I had it connected to power supplied HUB, when i connect the usb flash directly to my imac usb port i got it on my start screen.

Still, as soon as the "choose a drive to install windows" menu pop up, i got another problem: the "install" button on bootcamp was off, I had to format it to nfts and then yes i was able to install windows.

I was able to install win 10 without install win 8 first.

Maybe it didn't work from the beginning because i was running mavericks instead of yosemite (that kinda *****, because i don't like yosemite. I also hate all windows after XP, so it's also sad i cannot have it on this machine, it works on my old 24' imac though, but the screen is all yellow)

Maybe I should unplug all the external hard drives and have my usb flash on directly connected to my imac usb port.

Thank's Loner T for your help, I hope this help other people struggling with the same problem, sorry for the bad english, and if someone is going to install windows 10 as far as i can tell it's a free UPGRADE, wich means you gonna need a previous windows installed with a valid serial-number or you will have to buy a serial-number for your win10.

your bootable usb drive could not be created win10x64

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.