Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time capsule wifi problems

I had an AirPort, and it was working very good, but I decided to changed it for an AP Time Capsule, just to have the backup of our Macs. Unfortunately the WI FI is not working the same, its slowest that the modem and in some places of our house that used to have Wi Fi, we don't have it anymore.

Thank you

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 6:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 3:26 AM

Do a setup where you give the TC different names for the two bands.. eg TC24ghz and TC5ghz.

Then set specific wireless channels..

Try 11, 8, 6 for 2.4ghz and lower and higher channels for 5ghz.. depending on your location there are many differences around the world for this.

see how it goes.. if it is still poor return the TC for refund or replacement.. but I doubt it is faulty .. it is just not that powerful a wifi device.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2015 3:26 AM in response to JUANPM9

Do a setup where you give the TC different names for the two bands.. eg TC24ghz and TC5ghz.

Then set specific wireless channels..

Try 11, 8, 6 for 2.4ghz and lower and higher channels for 5ghz.. depending on your location there are many differences around the world for this.

see how it goes.. if it is still poor return the TC for refund or replacement.. but I doubt it is faulty .. it is just not that powerful a wifi device.

Time capsule wifi problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.