Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with asking Siri to send a text message

Since I downloaded the iOS 8.4 update, my Siri is acting up. I (used to) use Siri a lot to text while driving. Before downloading the update, when I would tell it to text someone, it would answer, "What do you want to say to ___?" and then after I dictated my text, it would read it to me to confirm. It no longer asks me what I want to say, although those words do still show up typed on the screen - which does me no good because I am driving and do not want to look at my screen. It also will no longer read the text message back to me to confirm that is what I wanted to say. It will also no longer tell me it is calling the person I asked it to call for me, although, again, it does type the name I am calling on my screen. And, as before, this does me no good because I do not want to look at my screen while driving. I have tried restarting my phone and even turning the Siri feature on and off, to no avail. Does anybody out there have any suggestions to fix this? It is really aggravating and has pretty much rendered Siri useless to me. Thank you.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4, null

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 6:39 PM

There are no replies.

Problems with asking Siri to send a text message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.