Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I efficiently send my keynote presentation with audio via email?

How do I efficiently send my keynote presentation with audio via email. My file size is too large, 110MB, for regular email. My slideshow is simple photo dissolves throughout set to music. Even after being converted to Quicktime it's just under 110MB. My goal is to send an email that opens the slideshow in autoplay mode that includes the background music. It needs to be in a format that Mac or PC's can open and I do not want recipient to click to advance the slide. I'm running Yosemite 10.10.3 on my MacBook Pro (2GH Intel Core i7) and I have Quicktime 10.4 and Microsoft Office 2011 plus the usual built in applications. Help me please... 😕

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), I do not have Quicktime Pro.

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 5:58 PM

5 replies

Aug 1, 2015 8:20 AM in response to smgbecerra

How do I efficiently send my keynote presentation with audio via email.

Most email providers limit the file size to around 2MB, thats reasonable as email is text based tool.

Instead, use file transfer, we use Dropbox for all our clients work, its free for most casual users, see their website here: Dropbox

It needs to be in a format that Mac or PC's can open

Quicktime files will open on both Mac and Windows, but Windows users will have to download and instal Quicktime for Windows to play the file.

I do not want recipient to click to advance the slide

If the slide duration is the same on all slides: File > Export > Quicktime: set the duration for the slides

If the slide duration is the different for each slide: Play > Record Slideshow > click the red record button then press the right arrow key to advance to next slide.

Aug 1, 2015 2:39 PM in response to Gary Scotland

Thanks for the reply. I do work with Dropbox myself and was trying to avoid sending out individual invitations as there are 1000 possible recipients. I would also want to mask the invite list from the entire group. I may have to go with Constant Contact or another mass email delivery system. Suggestions along those lines are welcome too. I have received email in the past that opens directly into a self playing image stream - That would be my ideal... Additionally, I was looking at my Quicktime options and noticed there was a send to web option in the edit or view menu lists but it is only available to OT Pro users which I would have to buy. I'm not sue how it would look or work and even if the file size would be reduced enough for it to benefit my needs. Ugh! Still searching and a bit confused... 😕

Aug 1, 2015 3:17 PM in response to smgbecerra

You would send the link to Dropbox using your email application, with the help of your contacts list.

Using Apple Mail:

To prevent individual email addresses from being shown when you send messages to groups, choose:Mail > Preferences, click Composing, then deselect “When sending to a group, show all member addresses.”

To prevent recipients from seeing each other’s email addresses, put the email addresses in the Bcc field (you can leave the To field blank). People receiving your message see “Undisclosed-recipients” in the To field.If you don’t see the Bcc field, click the Header Fields button User uploaded file in the toolbar of the message window, then choose Bcc Address Field.

How do I efficiently send my keynote presentation with audio via email?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.