Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers iOS is not opening a file created on Numbers OS X

I am up to date on both apps. I created a pretty simple one-page table this morning in Numbers on my Mac, saved it to iCloud drive, and went to work. When I tried to open it up this evening to print it from my iPad, Numbers won't open it. No error message. It just blinks the file name when I touch the screen. It will open an older file that I had out on iCloud forever and transferred over to iCloud drive. I didn't use any oddball functions. In fact, it hardly has any formulas in it at all.

Numbers on the Mac happily opens it, thankfully for me.

I haven't been using Numbers much, recently, due to my workplaces being MS shops. So, I am not up to date on how stable iWork is these days. Any suggestions are welcome.

iPad Mini, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 6:18 PM

2 replies

Aug 1, 2015 5:15 AM in response to fishesandloaves

Upon careful examination of the icon in the spreadsheets selection screen, I noticed that Numbers still had the progress bar on the bottom of the icon. So, something had gone awry during sync. On my Mac, I moved the file to Documents, which deleted it from iCloud drive. I then did as another post suggested -- exported a new copy to '09 format and back. I then copied both the original file and the newly upgraded '09 copy back to iCloud drive. The one that was exported uploaded and synced quickly. The original uploaded and synced slowly. One synced, they both opened fine, though the original came up in the middle of a print view (blue screen, page view). Once I said 'undo' it worked fine. Odd all around, but for this file it is fixed.

Numbers iOS is not opening a file created on Numbers OS X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.