Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recent Purchases (Since Apple Music Launch) Fail to Sync?

My iPod Classic (160GB) syncs everything just fine (even new MP#'s) however since the release of Apple Music, every iTunes purchased song fails to sync to my iPod. I can sync purchased MP3's from Amazon MP3 and things of that nature, but if it comes from the iTunes store, it will not sync at all. No status bar or anything. I have also tried converting the files to MP3 from AAC in iTunes and still no luck. I really don't want to have to purchase via Amazon MP3, but I might have to at this rate.

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 6:13 PM

10 replies

Aug 5, 2015 4:09 AM in response to ChaseGray59

I have a similar issue. I buy a song on the iTunes store(with iTunes 12.2.1) and it comes into my library just fine with the correct artwork.

The issue arises when I try to sync that song to my ipod classic 120gb. The song and artwork appear to have synced but when I play the song its a completely different song. For example the prodigy would play for an avicii song. It seems to be only bought songs and has only been occurring since iTunes 12.2 was released. I thought upgrading to iTunes 12.2.1 would fix the issue but it has not. I also did a complete restore on my ipod but the issue still occurres. Is it something to do with the ipod classics os? Has anyone come across this and managed to fix it?

Aug 6, 2015 6:00 AM in response to turingtest2

"perhaps you have used sort values to link different things together in a way that confuses the indexes on the device."

Well I've gone through my library with regards to the above and can't find anything that would suggest a problem.

So I tried a different tactic. i deleted the offending track and the track which was being synced to the iPod.

Ie the track which was supposed to go on the iPod ( avicii ) and the track which went onto the iPod with Avicii artwork etc which was a Neil young song.

So there is no Neil young songs now in my library (yes i deleted it from the main library as well as any playlists).

The song still goes onto my iPod under the avicii Artwork and song title....... how is this possible......it just doesn't make sense, I even formatted the iPod in disk utilities......

Aug 6, 2015 7:44 AM in response to turingtest2

Success!!

I finally sorted the issue and think i know why its occurring.

I deleted ALL of the songs that were coming up instead of the intended songs and all is ok.

As long as one of the corrupted songs was in the library.....all the songs were corrupted (about 8 songs)(by corrupted i mean a song that plays while displaying a different song name and artwork)

Once these 8 corrupted songs were found and deleted all was restored.

The reason for this happening is (what i think) my iPod classic is old and has had plenty of knocks and the hard drive has a good few bad sectors in it and as these bad sectors grow it corrupts songs. So anytime i fix iTunes using my iPod these and others get corrupted. Would anyone agree with me on that?

Thanks for your help TT2!!

Recent Purchases (Since Apple Music Launch) Fail to Sync?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.