Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TIP: How to install all Boot Camp drivers to Windows 10

I just upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 and noticed when I went to the Boot Camp Control Panel that only the Startup Disk & Remote tabs were available; the Keyboard, Trackpad, and Power tabs were missing. To resolve this I ran the Boot Camp setup program again, but this time in compatibility mode.

To do this simply locate the setup program, which for me was on the USB drive that I had initially installed Boot Camp on - the drive was named WININSTALL and from the root level I just went inside the BootCamp folder and saw the setup.exe. From there simply right-click on the setup.exe, choose Properties, click the Compatibility tab, then in the Compatibility mode section check the box and choose Windows 8 from the drop-down. Click OK to close the window and then double click the setup.exe to run it.

User uploaded file

If you already had Boot Camp drivers installed then it will ask you if you want to perform a Repair... choose this option and continue and all of the drivers should install.

NOTE: When Windows 10 rebooted after reinstalling the drivers it did sit on a black screen for a good minute or two so don't immediately assume something went wrong. If you can hear the process on your Mac doing something then continue to let it sit and do it's thing and eventually Windows 10 should finish starting back up.

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 5:42 PM

1 reply

TIP: How to install all Boot Camp drivers to Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.