Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch & iPat Mini 2 Video Transfer

With my ipod Touch 4th Gen I could drag & drop videos taken with the camera, onto any computer, & play them.

With my ipod Touch 5th Gen the videos taken with the camera can be dragged & dropped to any computer, put when I play them I get

only audio & the 1st frame of the video.

With my ipad Mini 2 ..... I have the same problem as the 1pod Touch 5th Gen.

Can anyone advise why transferred videos from the 4th Gen played OK, but not from the 5th Gen or Mini 2 ??

iPod touch, iOS 8.1, 32GB

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 7:32 PM

6 replies

Aug 1, 2015 7:49 PM in response to lllaass

Thanks for your reply.

Apart from the phrase 'image capture program' I do not understand your 1st sentence. I have tried a program called 'Synios' but no success re viewing the video on the PC.

My laptop has XP SP3 + itunes, my desktop has XP3 but no itunes.

Yes, I TRUST' both computers when dragging & dropping from the pod or pad to the computer desktops.

I cannot believe I'm the only person on the planet with this 5th Gen ipod & Mini 2 problem! The 4th Gen pod was not a problem.

Aug 2, 2015 2:46 AM in response to cvincer

What if you import this way:

iOS: Importing personal photos and videos from iOS devices to your computer

Can you sync media from this computer to the iPod?

When you connect a newer iOS device to a computer you will not be able to do much unless you trust the computer. When you connect a window will popup on the iOS device asking you do tap tpo trust the computer. Did y do that?

Is iTunes installed on the computer?

Aug 2, 2015 7:37 AM in response to lllaass

In Reply :-

Clicked on your:-

iOS: Importing personal photos and videos from iOS devices to your computer

.........but it does not mention Windows XP.

Yes I can sync media from my laptop (which has itunes) to both the pod & pad. I transfer music, photos & a video from the computer TO both the pod & pad.

As previously mentioned, I have told both the pod & pad to trust both the laptop (which has itunes) & desktop (which does not have itunes).

I will have to find a computer with Windows 8, & see if a video transferred to it will play correctly.

Am still mystified as to why videos transferred from the 4th Gen ipod Touch worked fine on ANY computer, but not those transferred from the 5th Gen ipod or ipad Mini2.

Aug 3, 2015 5:36 PM in response to lllaass

The link doesn't give the names of any 3rd party programs to help.

The videos (taken with the pod/pad camera) are 20.6MB, 37.5MB, 44.1MB, 66.5MB ......well below the 500MB mentioned above.

I have tried the videos on a borrowed laptop running Windows 8.1 (no itunes) ......... & the videos play. Looks like the answer is that I'll have to buy a new

laptop!

The videos taken with the 4th Gen ipod (ioS 7) showed as mp4 whereas those with the 5th Gen pod & ipad mini 2 (both ioS 8.4) showed as MOV.

Thanks for your replies.

iPod Touch & iPat Mini 2 Video Transfer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.