Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using iPhone without a service plan!

Help! So my parents decided to switch my number from my iPhone 5s to a flip phone *sigh*. I still have the iPhone, and I believe that iMessage still works. The only problem is that the App Store, FaceTime, etc. apps aren't on my home screen and all of my other apps have been deleted. I don't plan on using the flip phone, so how can I get my apps back??? Please help! - Chloe

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 7:30 PM

3 replies

Aug 1, 2015 6:46 AM in response to chloell3n

Wipe and restore the phone assuming the phone has activation lock disabled or it is enabled with your account.

https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/

You will only be able to restore your data if you have it backed up in iCloud or iTunes.

All the default apps will be there.

Use this link below for instructions how to wipe thee phone and put it in default mode.

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you wanna add the phone back to your carrier or not just use WiFi and smile 🙂

Assuming you are on a GSM based carrier like AT&T or T-Mobile in the USA you can move the sim card to your old phone. (You may need to cut the sim card town to size if your flip phone uses a Mini or Micro Sim)

iPhone 1 - 3GS use Mini

iPhone 4 - 4s Use Micro

iPhone 5 & Newer use Nano

That list gets progressively smaller.

I would also go to settings > General > Cellular (or Mobile depending on version of English you use) and disable cellular data as your parents may have disabled your data plan and you don't wanna run up extra charges.

Using iPhone without a service plan!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.