Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Copy All of Windows 10 ISO Content to USB Drive

For some strange reason every time I try to copy the content from the downloaded Windows 10 ISO to my FAT32-formatted USB drive I get an error code -36 stating that it cannot complete the operation because the file "nlscoremig.dll" can't be read or written. I have tried formatting the drive as ExFAT with same results. I have tried re-downloading a fresh copy of the ISO image (multiple times, and in different formats), also with same results. I have even tried copying all of the ISOs content to my computer first, and also to other Mac formatted HDDs, and then to the USB drive, all without success.

If I format the USB drive back to Mac OS Extended (Journaled), then all of the ISO content is copied without a hitch. I sincerely am loosing my mind here. Any thoughts?

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), 2 GHz Intel Core i7, Early 2011

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 8:06 PM

6 replies

Jul 31, 2015 8:29 PM in response to AMILkita

From OS X Terminal, please try. The first string after the find should be replaced with the name of your specific DVD name.

find IRM_CCSA_X64FRE_EN-US_DV5 -name nlscoremig.dll -print

IRM_CCSA_X64FRE_EN-US_DV5/sources/dlmanifests/microsoft-windows-international-co re-dl/nlscoremig.dll

IRM_CCSA_X64FRE_EN-US_DV5/sources/replacementmanifests/microsoft-international-c ore/nlscoremig.dll

Jul 31, 2015 8:34 PM in response to Loner T

I get this:

Last login: Fri Jul 31 23:31:57 on ttys000

Amils-MacBook-Pro:~ amil$ find J_CCSA_X64FRE_EN-US_DV5 -name nlscoremig.dll -print

find: J_CCSA_X64FRE_EN-US_DV5: No such file or directory

Amils-MacBook-Pro:~ amil$ IRM_CCSA_X64FRE_EN-US_DV5/sources/dlmanifests/microsoft-windows-international-c o re-dl/nlscoremig.dll

-bash: IRM_CCSA_X64FRE_EN-US_DV5/sources/dlmanifests/microsoft-windows-international-c o: No such file or directory

Amils-MacBook-Pro:~ amil$ IRM_CCSA_X64FRE_EN-US_DV5/sources/replacementmanifests/microsoft-international- c ore/nlscoremig.dll

-bash: IRM_CCSA_X64FRE_EN-US_DV5/sources/replacementmanifests/microsoft-international- c: No such file or directory

Amils-MacBook-Pro:~ amil$

Can't Copy All of Windows 10 ISO Content to USB Drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.