Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Mic not working

i bought an iPhone 6 of 64 GB and everything seemed fine.. when i tried Siri the waves at the bottom were moving the whole time and didn't stop.. and suddenly the cellphone takes me out of the siri app as if it didn't listened any command. Also when recording a video with native camera app the sound goes distorted when playing the previously recorded video.. also when doing FaceTime suddenly the other person starts listening distorted sound.. not my voice. what can i do to fix these.. 😟 its really frustrating.. recording videos and when playing them they have no sound 😟

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 9:04 PM

1 reply

Aug 2, 2015 2:24 PM in response to D1Z3R

Hi D1Z3R,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

From what you're describing, it looks like there are some unexpected issues when using the microphone on your iPhone. I can see why this would be a frustrating situation.

I'd recommend starting with the test and troubleshooting steps in If your voice is too faint or sounds unclear using iPhone, or iPod touch. These steps can help with resolving the situation or ruling out the microphone as a cause.

Best regards.

iPhone 6 Mic not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.