Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Only parts of my photos are displaying through a shared album?

Using a shared album in Photos and iCloud, I am sharing lots of photos to my ATV, however, lots of them seem to have only partially been loaded for some reason. I exported the photos from Lightroom and they look fine on my computer, though when looking at them in Photos some of them are only partially visible. What happened?

Thanks.

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 9:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 1:43 AM

When you say partially, I assume you mean part of an image as opposed to (say) 32 out of 56 images. Have you checked the images in a web browser. Have you tried logging out of iCloud and back in again.

9 replies

Aug 1, 2015 9:37 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Yes I mean only parts of images load, almost as if the images load the the top to the bottom and in rectangular sections and just stop, so I end up with partial parts of my images in various states. However, there are lots of other photos that completely load.I have spent hours on this and I'm not sure if it is a bug, my images are too large for Photos and iCloud (some up to 11MB) or the images are not fully getting uploaded because of spotty wifi (even though I have a strong connection). It happens to so many of my images and I have to constantly delete the image from the shared album and re-add them and sometimes they are added correctly and sometimes they are not and I have to do it again. This has been a horrible first experience with Photos and iCloud because I have a party in a few hours that I was hoping to use this to display rotating photos on a TV :-(

Is this a bug or some first time hear of issue? Is there an easy fix for this? As it stands I have lots more photos to add, though I can't spend more time going through this lengthy process any more.

Thanks.

Aug 3, 2015 3:04 PM in response to Winston Churchill

The Photos look fine when viewed in the Photos tab. However, they do not all look ok when viewed under the Shared tab. Most of them are fine, though there are many others that have various portions of the image not visible. Attached is an example of how some of the worst photos appear, there are some images that are so bad that they are complete white rectangles with no visible pixels. I deleted those already. Thanks for any assistance, though it sounds like this is not a known issue?

User uploaded file

Aug 3, 2015 3:10 PM in response to southwestform

I understand that they are ok in photos and not under the shared tab in the photos application, however how do they look in a web browser when you visit the URL of the shared album. I am trying to establish whether the problem occurs when the photos are moulded from your Mac or downloaded from the cloud.

Ultimately though you may find that you need to delete these photos from the shared album and re-add them again from your photos library.

Only parts of my photos are displaying through a shared album?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.