Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my 60W MagSafe power adapter is not working

I am using my macbook pro for almost a year and I didn't have this problem before. My 60W magsafe power adapter has suddenly stopped charging.Its not showing any LED light at the end of the adapter. Recently the same problem happened once and I solved the problem by resetting the SMC of the mac. I tried the same process this time also but this time its not working as my adapter is not responding. I also tried troubleshooting but I think there is no problem in that way. Now what can I do? Please give me any suggestion.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 9:26 PM

2 replies

Jul 31, 2015 9:40 PM in response to Zulkar N. Momin

If your MacBook is still under the original 1-year warranty or the extended AppleCare warranty (if you purchased one), I would bring both the MacBook Pro and the Adapter to an Apple Store and have them troubleshoot (and likely replace the Adapter).

If it is out of warranty, you can see if the plug end of the adapter is seated properly - pull it out and re-insert it.

You can also hold the adapter up to your nose and check if there's a foul burnt odor emanating from it. If you have the cord extension from the MacBook Pro, you can switch it instead and see if its the smaller wall-charger plug portion that is defective, or vice-versa.

Also, to eliminate variables, try a different power outlet =)

Lastly, you could walk-in to an Apple Store (or third party Apple vendor) and try one of their adapters on the showroom floor, and see if it works (to eliminate the variable that your MacBook Pro is the one at fault).

my 60W MagSafe power adapter is not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.