Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I go to quit option shutdown restart save log view log which option I have to go plz help me

I Am trying to quit the os x installer how to quit from it

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 10:30 PM

2 replies

Aug 1, 2015 8:08 AM in response to Rajesh190

Once target disk has been chosen and the installation process has begun, there's no option to quit. You're committed.

No answers here, only questions...

How far along have you gotten within the OS X installation?

Are you encountering a problem with the installation?

If there's user data on the target disk, do you have a backup made prior to launching the installer? (This backup is your path out, if there's been a problem with the installation. (If you don't have a backup, it may be possible to migrate from this disk and recover the data, if the installation has somehow failed. This'll require shuffling the contents of the disks around; you'll need to relocate the contents of the upgrade-failed and presumably corrupt disk to another and scratch disk that can be attached to the system.)

Which version are you installing? OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What hardware are you trying to install on?

Aug 1, 2015 8:18 AM in response to Rajesh190

Afaik the update is downloaded while running the installed version. Then it restarts and checks and installs the newer iOS/OS, then deletes the "old" files.

Thus if you really want to stop before it restarts, force stop the unit:

-- in OSX hold the on/off key as long as it takes to the unit switches off,

-- same for iDevice: hold the Power key and the Home key together as long as it takes to switch off and restart, let go until you see the white apple logo appear.

Lex

If I go to quit option shutdown restart save log view log which option I have to go plz help me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.