Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I recently got stationed in Korea. No matter what apple product I try to use (FaceTime, App Store, messages, etc.) I cannot sign in with my Apple ID and password. Why is that?-

WWhy can't I log onto apple systems in Korea with the Apple ID and password I originally established in the States?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 8:53 PM

5 replies

Jul 31, 2015 9:47 PM in response to Tiernan80

When you normally sign onto your Apple ID, do you have a verification code sent to one of your trusted devices that you have to put in? That is Two-Step Verification. If you have Two-Step Verification, then FaceTime and Messages require an App-specific password.

If you are not using Two-Step Verification, then are you only having issues with FaceTime? Can you sign into iCloud? Can you sign into the iTunes & App Store?

GB

I recently got stationed in Korea. No matter what apple product I try to use (FaceTime, App Store, messages, etc.) I cannot sign in with my Apple ID and password. Why is that?-

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.