Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone 5 screen isnt working but i still get notifications

my iphone 5 screen has been stuffing up for months but has only just gotten really bad within the past weeks. it usually starts off with blue lines that are criss-cross across my screen which then fades to black. this usually lasts for hours. it is happening right now and i haven't been able to use it for at least 20 hours and i'm starting to get worried because it hasn't ever been this bad and i put it on charge to see what'll happen and my screen started fading into white and it looked really bad. i haven't gotten any of my photos or numbers at all and i don't know how i could get them again. if anyone has been through this and/or knows what i could do and how to fix it, that would be really appreciated.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 8:16 PM

1 reply

Aug 2, 2015 2:07 PM in response to 1975alysia

Hello Alysia,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

The article below provides a lot of great troubleshooting issues that can help you resolve the distorted display issue on your iPhone 5.

Get help with the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you see lines, missing sections, discoloration, or poor image quality

1. Try to restart your device. If you can't restart, force restart your device.
  2. If this doesn't work, restore your device.
  3. If you still see the issue after you restore, contact Apple Support.

Ciao.

my iphone 5 screen isnt working but i still get notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.