Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Musical typing still reacts to key commands!

Hi guys!

In Logic 9 i was used to use musical typing to do little editing/part writing, and what I was sure of was that no matter what key I'd press, such key wouldn't "do" anything in Logic; the keys that wheren't assigned to any note simply wouldn't play a note!

In Logic X, however, it's a completely different story! If I press, "R", for example, the recorder starts (while in musical typing!); same thing for "I" (it opens the inspector) and so on and so forth ("A" however doesn't trigger "automation", but plays the C note, as expected).

Is this normal? Is it possible to deactivate key commands completely, while in musical typing? I'm not a very good keyboard player, so I often make mistakes... It's so annoying when a typing mistake triggers unwanted behaviors in Logic!

Also: I imported Logic 9 key commands in Logic X, but: is it normal that caps lock doesn't open musical typing? (that was the key in Logic 9). And also, I used to change octave by pressing "1, 2, 3, 4..." on the keyboard, in musical typing, but instead now it's always "Z" and "X" (as in Logic X). So, my question is: importing L9 key commands doesn't do it all, does it?

Thanks a lot! 🙂

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 1:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 5:28 PM

Rather the export/import key commands from LP9.....

If you haven't uninstalled LP9 then you will find there is a Key Command preset for LP9 available to you.... which works fine with the Musical Typing Keyboard... and retains all the original LP9 Key Commands....

User uploaded file

2 replies

Musical typing still reacts to key commands!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.