Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 5c has phoned out and sent messages on its own whilst on charge. This has happened on three separate occasions. After the second time I had my phone fully checked for any hardware problems and it was reset but the problem has happened agai

My phone has made unauthorised calls and texts whilst charging. It was diagnostic checked by apple approved store and reset and the issue has reoccurred. Has anyone had similar issues and how have they been resolved?

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 9:49 PM

3 replies

Aug 1, 2015 12:30 AM in response to modular747

Hi,

Thank you for your response - no the phone was not in my pocket it was on a shelf charging, on its own!.. Not sure what jailbroken means but it has not been tampered with to my knowledge, I believe it is still locked to my network provider EE. I am not sure how many texts it sent this time around but it appears to have called two of my contacts - I am trying to find out from them what it has sent/done. On the previous time that this happened the phone actually accessed my photos and sent one out to one of my contacts - it did this on its own - the first thing I knew about it was when the person texted me back and asked why I had sent it. I feel that I can't trust the phone at the moment. I have owned the phone from new and it is approx. 18months old. I have used it to teather to my PC, ipad and my son's android phone when the wifi and phone lines were down (we live in a very rural area). Could I have picked up a bug? It has only recently been analysed by an apple store who ran a full diagnostic check and they reset the whole phone for me as a precaution as the check gave the phone a full bill of health. I have spoken to apple support and they have suggested that I change my apple id password which I have done but I am terrified that the phone will go AWOL again as I am not convinced that this is necessary the answer!

My iphone 5c has phoned out and sent messages on its own whilst on charge. This has happened on three separate occasions. After the second time I had my phone fully checked for any hardware problems and it was reset but the problem has happened agai

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.