Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing External Audio After Clips were Edited on timeline

Hi -

I just received edited footage in the latest Final Cut X. It came to me without being synced to its good external audio. The edited video (on the timeline) only contains the internal camera audio. I'm hoping that someone would know of a way to sync the good external audio with the edited video/audio clips on the timeline. I'm trying to avoid having to perform the tedious task of manually syncing up each video clip on the timeline with the good audio. I'm also hoping that the latest Final Cut X could do this task, and not having to purchase a third party program. But any help is welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Iz

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 10:07 PM

1 reply

Aug 1, 2015 5:01 AM in response to IzzyP007

TThe application is designed for users to sync in the Browser and it cannot be donr in the timeline. You may be able to achieve the results you need by exporting and re importing your project and using the multi cam fiction to sync. You would then disable the camera sound. Otherwise, use the sync function and replace edi.

RUss

Syncing External Audio After Clips were Edited on timeline

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.