Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphoto problem photos disapeared

Hey ! (sorry my english is not good)

I took all day some photos (500 photos). I went home and import on my computer the photos. So I imported the photos on my photo library who is on my external hard drive (it is a iphoto library who is localised on my external hard drive). After the importation, I selected all the photos to put them on a folder in iphoto I created for the place where I took photos. After I wanted to deselect all so I did pomme + D for deselect but I forgot that it didn't work, pomme + D, for deselect in Iphoto. Pomme + D is duplicate. So the application started freezing (rainbow road) so I force quit it. When I relaunched it, the photos weren't here. I explain, they where here when I scrolled down white my mouse but when I stopped scrolling the illustrations disapeared and became a black square. When I clicked on it, I hadn't the photos but instead I had an exclamation mark in a triangle.

I searched a lot of solutions on internet, I didn't find something for appear again my photos. For example, I've already tried to Display package contents but there wasn't my photos on the "master" file. Or I tried to repair my iphoto library. I did all the options there where. Now it's worse I can't see the illustrations when I scroll down.

Help me.

Theses photos where very important and I'm very sad about what happened.

It's strange that photos can disapear like that, I imported it, there's no reason.

Thank for your support.

thin_4

PS: I'm running Iphoto 9.6.1 and the photos are deleted on my 16gb photo card.

Iphoto 9.6.1

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 4:19 AM

1 reply

Aug 1, 2015 5:46 AM in response to thin_4

You can recover the files from the camera card with apps like

MediaRecover or Picture Rescue

Other than that try rebuild the Library:

Option 1

Back Up and try rebuild the library: hold down the command and option (or alt) keys while launching iPhoto. Use the resulting dialogue to rebuild. Choose to Repair Database. If that doesn't help, then try again, this time using Rebuild Database.

If that fails:

Option 2

Download iPhoto Library Manager and use its rebuild function. (In early versions of Library Manager it's the File -> Rebuild command. In later versions it's under the Library menu.)

This will create an entirely new library. It will then copy (or try to) your photos and all the associated metadata and versions to this new Library, and arrange it as close as it can to what you had in the damaged Library. It does this based on information it finds in the iPhoto sharing mechanism - but that means that things not shared won't be there, so no slideshows, books or calendars, for instance - but it should get all your events, albums and keywords, faces and places back.

Because this process creates an entirely new library and leaves your old one untouched, it is non-destructive, and if you're not happy with the results you can simply return to your old one.

Regards

TD

Iphoto problem photos disapeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.