Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any recommendations for speech recognition / voice to text transcription of video files?

I wonder if there is any able software capable to type video recorded interviews.

It will help my research enormously!

I can find speech recognition apps that seem to be used to record and type small messages and others used for easing the task of typing and subtitling, but what I would like is an app that can play a video (or a sound file from a video) of an interview, recognise the speech and type it (even if it is an approximation).

Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance!

DD

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 4:24 AM

3 replies

Aug 1, 2015 6:55 AM in response to dodgydago

I don't know of an application specifically for transcribing video to text.

You may try using one of several dictation applications and playback your video, but I expect that correcting the result will take far more time and be more frustrating than doing the transcription manually.

As an indication of what you may expect, I suggest you try a youtube video that has "automatic" transcription, and compare you see in the subtitles that to what is actually being said. You may laugh or cry...

Any recommendations for speech recognition / voice to text transcription of video files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.