Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which Startup Disk Should I use for Boot Runner?

Ok, so I am dual-booting my MacBook Pro with Yosemite and Windows 8.1. At first I was just using Boot Camp, but then I wanted to get a little fancier, so I began to use ReFind; unfortunately though I didn't much like the default boot screen for that program and the config was just too complicated to get anything decent looking. So now I'm giving Boot Runner a try, and, well, I think I may be in over my head again, just a bit ^^:

So, below is what terminal spat out when I typed "diskutil list", and now I'm wondering which disk I should be using to boot up Boot Runner. The config on some website I read had me boot through OS X and then go from there, but that seemed like a lame way to do things, especially given that both Boot Camp and ReFind let you choose from the boot screen (and they DON'T make you waste your time booting up an entire freakin OS before giving you your options), so I'm pretty sure that was bad advice.

As far as what disk I should be using, I have a few guesses actually, but I keep going back and forth on it, so I have no real idea what the correct answer is really (haha!) If anybody could give me any advice on this one, that'd be great. Sorry if I seem woefully ignorant, I was expecting this to be a bit easier than it ended up being. I really hope it wasn't the obvious answer anyway, but better safe than sorry (I'm so over this boot screen drama already D: ) Thanks you for reading this, any advice is much appreciated!

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 2:40 AM

1 reply

Which Startup Disk Should I use for Boot Runner?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.