Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 suddenly won't charge

I have had my iPhone 6 since Christmas, a mere 7 months. Last night it stopped taking a charge. I have tried 3 different cables with no luck. Each of these 3 cables will readily charge my iPad mini and the other iPhone 6's in the house. I have changed ports to no avail. I have done the hard shut down with no luck. I have cleaned the charging port with a computer dust spray and even a clean toothbrush as suggested online. No luck. I have even plugged it in, turned on airport mode, and reset as suggested, still with no luck. It is currently on iOS 8.4. Right now the only way it will charge is if it is hooked to my computer. Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this? I really need it to be able to charge from a dock as I do not take my computer with my on long trips and really need it to be able to charge from other ports. This is sudden, so I don't understand the recent issue. Thank you.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 4:36 AM

1 reply

iPhone 6 suddenly won't charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.