Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Import / Restore selected Photos from Time Capsule

Running Yosemite on my Imac, i want to import selected or all photos from a backup. The backup are from a Macbook, which i don't have anymore

I have full access to the backup location (created with time machine). I have tried to import directly to Iphoto on the Imac, however only 86 photos of 4000+ photos are imported.

Anyone have a good advice or idea?

OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 11:59 PM

1 reply

Aug 1, 2015 12:05 AM in response to Dr. Rasmussen

I have tried to import directly to Iphoto on the Imac, however only 86 photos of 4000+ photos are imported.

How have your photos been stored on the old MacBook? Have they been stored in an iPhoto Library or in a folder?

If it is a folder, restore the folder by launching Time Machine and restore the folder to your Desktop or wherever you want it. Then import the photos from the restored folder to Photos.

If the photos have been in an iphoto Library, restore the iPhoto Library to your Pictures folder, and then open the iPhoto Library in Photos. You cannot import an iPhoto Library to Photos, you can only open it.

See this link: iPhoto '11: Restoring from Time Machine with iPhoto '11 (9.2 or later) and OS X Lion 10.7.2 (or later)

Import / Restore selected Photos from Time Capsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.