Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Under IoS 8.4 Music list less than a third of my music

With the new IoS 8.4, the Music app was updated. Quite apart from the fact that the latest version seems far less useful and has fewer facilities than the previous version, it now lists less than a third of my music even though I know by syncing to iTunes that all my music is on the phone. This is very odd. I have already restored my phone, but that didn't solve the problem. Apple are usually so thorough in their work, but the new version of Music seems somehow scrappy, with th emphasis mainly on getting us to sign up to Apple Music. But all I want is the Music app to work was well as it did under IoS 8.3. I really wish I hadn't updated (and haven't updated either of my iPads).

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 1:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 1:18 AM

PS Still looking for a solution, I came across a YouTube video outlining the facilities of the new Music app and mine doesn't at all behave in the same was as though it simply hadn't installed properly. That might be the cause of the problem, but just how do I solve it, i.e. get Music to install completely?

PS This is further info - I have not solved my problem though this forum system seems to think so.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2015 1:18 AM in response to pfgpowell

PS Still looking for a solution, I came across a YouTube video outlining the facilities of the new Music app and mine doesn't at all behave in the same was as though it simply hadn't installed properly. That might be the cause of the problem, but just how do I solve it, i.e. get Music to install completely?

PS This is further info - I have not solved my problem though this forum system seems to think so.

Aug 1, 2015 4:25 AM in response to iinami

I didn't mark it as solved - the sodding system did. I wanted to add a postcript, did so, then saw the system had marked it as 'solved'. I looked about to change that, but couldn't find any way to do so, so I had to leave it like that. Anyway, if giving a hissy fit like a regular Apple queen is the only contribution you choose to make, why don't you just sod? Merely a suggestion, but a heartfelt one.

Under IoS 8.4 Music list less than a third of my music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.