Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imported TIFF files turn the screen green when used on the timeline

I am importing TIFF files to FC X. They seem to import all right, but when I use a TIFF file that is larger than 2,0 Mb in size on the timeline, the screens turn totally green. However, if the file size is little under 2,0 Mb then it works all right on the timeline as well. Anybody have an idea why this might be? Thanks!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 4:13 AM

3 replies

Aug 1, 2015 7:01 AM in response to Uusimaa

I could not reproduce this. I just created a 7MB TIFF file in Pixelmator and it displays perfectly in the browser and the timeline.

Is this one specific file, or did it happen with several files? How are these created? Perhaps you could post one of these files to DropBox or somewhere else so we could download and try. In the meantime, a simple workaround may be to export the file to PNG and use that.

Aug 1, 2015 7:24 AM in response to Uusimaa

It doesn't sound like a [rpblem with the application, Suggest that you delete all render files. If >2 MB clips still display green, create a new project and edit the same clips to the new timeline. If they still display green, it's a pretty good indication there is something weird about the media. Any photo editor can create a TIFF so you can easily put that to a test by creating a couple of new TIFFs and importing them.

Russ

Imported TIFF files turn the screen green when used on the timeline

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.