Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After the recent iTunes upgrade, I cannot figure out how to use my iTunes Store Credit to purchase a song! Help!

After the last upgrade, I tried to purchase a song using my iTunes Store Credit Balance. When I selected purchase, it took me to a screen to verify my account information. It required payment method. The options were: credit card, paypal, gift card, or other. It will not let you purchase a song unless you enter this information. But there is no selection for iTunes Store Credit. I do not use credit cards or paypal with Apple. I only use gift cards.

HELP!

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 5:12 AM

1 reply

Aug 1, 2015 7:30 AM in response to Novice_Technology_Person

Do you get just a 'done' option on that screen, is forcing you to enter payment details ? And you are currently in the country that you have listed on your iTunes account, you aren't trying to access a different country's store ?

As long as your balance covers the song's purchase price (plus any applicable taxes) only that should be charged (though your card might get a temporary store holding charge, which you card issuer will remove) - you should be able to remove your card's details after entering them.

After the recent iTunes upgrade, I cannot figure out how to use my iTunes Store Credit to purchase a song! Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.