Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will it damage my screen / display if I leave it on all night as required by some third party apps?

Will it damage my screen / display if I leave it on all night as required by some third party apps?

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 6:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 6:38 AM

No it won't, assuming you want to run a clock app or something like that. They are meant to run for hours at a time. It will wear the battery down faster if it isn't plugged in to charge, but I wouldn't worry about the screen. You will not be running the same app 24/7 so the image will be changing from time to time anyway.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2015 6:38 AM in response to mijacobs

No it won't, assuming you want to run a clock app or something like that. They are meant to run for hours at a time. It will wear the battery down faster if it isn't plugged in to charge, but I wouldn't worry about the screen. You will not be running the same app 24/7 so the image will be changing from time to time anyway.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.