Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Pro is stuck on 'searching' (the rainbow circle is endlessly circling) and has been for the last 2 days!! Is there an equivalent of the ctrl-alt-del or something that I can use to escape this and access my laptop again?!

My MacBook Pro is stuck on 'searching' (the rainbow circle is endlessly circling) and has been for the last 2 days!! Is there an equivalent of the ctrl-alt-del or something that I can use to escape this and access my laptop again?!

Mac Pro

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 7:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 7:31 AM

Command-Option-Escape

7 replies

Aug 1, 2015 9:39 AM in response to Csound1

Thank you. Tried it several times but no luck 😟 It's possible that it's because I had been plagued by pop-ups for ages but downloaded something brilliant that stopped them. However, it really slowed things down then and then a day or two before it got stuck, I noticed on a couple of sites the pop-ups were back…. Maybe it's going to have to be a trip to the Apple shop! Thanks for your help though - thought I'd try here first before I conceded defeat! Many thanks for your help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.