Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes and Windows 10

Is iTunes now fully compatible with Windows 10?

Thank you

Michael Gross

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 3:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 4:44 AM

Depends on what you mean by "fully compatible" ... my own experience on very different three machines (one desktop, one netbook, one tablet) upgraded to Win10 has been positive, no problems with iTunes on any of them, including one on which I upgraded from iTunes 12.2 to 12.2.1 after the transition to Win10. That doesn't mean, though, that every user will find the same thing; no application developer can possibly test and validate its products against all the possible variations of hardware, drivers, settings, other installed software, etc. that may cause incompatibilities or conflicts. The fact that Apple hasn't released an update to coincide with the Win10 launch suggests that they think that iTunes 12.2 and Windows 10 work together, as suggested by their modification of the OS requirements to "Windows 7 or later".

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2015 4:44 AM in response to MichaelLG

Depends on what you mean by "fully compatible" ... my own experience on very different three machines (one desktop, one netbook, one tablet) upgraded to Win10 has been positive, no problems with iTunes on any of them, including one on which I upgraded from iTunes 12.2 to 12.2.1 after the transition to Win10. That doesn't mean, though, that every user will find the same thing; no application developer can possibly test and validate its products against all the possible variations of hardware, drivers, settings, other installed software, etc. that may cause incompatibilities or conflicts. The fact that Apple hasn't released an update to coincide with the Win10 launch suggests that they think that iTunes 12.2 and Windows 10 work together, as suggested by their modification of the OS requirements to "Windows 7 or later".

Aug 1, 2015 4:59 AM in response to MichaelLG

That's good timing on the basis that its highly likely that there will be at least one update to iTunes between now and then (maybe a major one to coincide with iOS 9 in September?) plus another four months of continuous improvement to Win10. Any major inconsistencies should have been resolved - or workarounds for them widely disseminated - by then.

iTunes and Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.