Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photos won't appear in word

HI

I have a new mac book pro 15 '' I have installed office 365 for business purposes but I cannot add any of my

iPhotos into documents . The word media viewer lists all iTunes songs etc but no photos.

Is this normal and what can I do about it

John

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 2:03 AM

10 replies

Aug 1, 2015 2:21 AM in response to Johntarragona

Have you enabled your current Photos Library as your system photo library on your Mac?

Only the System Photo Library can sync with iTunes or will show in the Media Browser.

• Launch Photos, open the Preferences, and check if the button "Use as System Photos Library" is grayed out. If it is not grayed out, click it. Then relaunch both Word and Photos.
  • If the Photos library is showing as empty, restart your Mac.

If you are using iCloud Photo Library and have enabled the option "Optimise Mac Storage", you have to download the photos you want to see in the Media browser. The Media Browser will not show photos, that are not stored locally. See: If Media Browser doesn't show your entire Photos library - Apple Support

Aug 1, 2015 9:59 AM in response to Johntarragona

The use as system is already grey.

And what about iCloud Photo Library with "Optimise Storage"? Is it active or not?

You should be able to see the Photos Library in the Mac Media Browser in the File > Open dialogue in Word. But for the Word Media Browser you will have to wait for an update to Office. The applications need to be fully compatible with Yosemite to be able to access the Photos library.

Aug 1, 2015 12:37 PM in response to Yer_Man

hi

no. media doesn't appear in excel either. In pages it does when i select media but if i select insert and choose

the photo album isn't accessible

When i look in the users photo folder i see library but not all the photo file names like i used to on my old mac. If

i choose a photo and export it to the photo folder it appears in its file name form.

Im not sure if that makes sense but not sure what to do as its really annoying

photos won't appear in word

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.