Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp Drivers for Windows 10

Hi just loaded windows 10 onto my 2012 Retina MBP, overall working well but some drivers appear to be not working i.e.. volume,screen resolution, backlight. Otherwise seems ok including keypad. Can't get the @ into the right place on UK keyboard so may have to suffer with " & @.

Interested to hear how others are coping so far.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 2:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 2:26 AM

I am not installing windows 10 yet, don't really need it yet. Unless we collectively hassle Apple support 😝 or create some stink about it.

For me and my iMac 5K, we are still waiting for Apple to "ok" the drivers from AMD for Windows 10...

8 replies

Aug 13, 2015 12:16 PM in response to Memiehic

I finally managed to do an BCA download on a FAT stick (had formatting issues in disk utility and slow download speeds for the WSS).

went into windows 10, only tried to install the AMD drivers, got a black screen, and that is the end of that.. hahaha, Since Windows 8 (or 8.1) user can't able boot into the traditional menu anymore by using F8... oh well. All the other stupid options requires you to be in windows or using a recovery stick / CD...

i am not sure why Apple requires a single flash stick volume that is formatted to FAT only to just save the driver files. And not providing the files on a website that is searchable. And adds confusion which lead to my current situation!!! Although the files I listed shows it is the latest for Windows 8.1 😟 I thought it shouldn't be that difficult, and require BCA, but it does require BCA... lots of hoops to just do a fairly simple thing.

Bootcamp Drivers for Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.