Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos no longer displayed in My Computer

Since 'upgrading' to Photos from iPhoto, I no longer have the option to view 'Photos' under My Computer > Library on my Apple TV. I see Music, TV Shows, Movies, Podcasts, but Photos used to be there too. Has this option been removed or is there a way of getting it back?

I thought it was because 'Share Photos from...' had become untucked in iTunes preferences during the upgrade, but I've ticked that box again and it's made no difference.

I know I can 'share' individual albums but I can't scroll through my entire photo library on my TV which was a good feature. I also used to dump a memory card straight into iPhoto and review the images on my TV almost instantly without waiting for albums to be shared or cloud services to sync. Is this no longer possible?

Thanks

iMac, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 5:15 AM

6 replies

Aug 1, 2015 5:31 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I believe I have done both of those things (see screenshots below). Does this mean it is possible to achieve what I'd like ('Photos' alongside Movies etc under 'My Computer' on Apple TV) when using iCloud library and Photos? Hope so.

Home Sharing was what I meant when I mentioned iTunes preferences, I noticed it had become unticked, so it is now set as below. Thanks

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Aug 1, 2015 5:01 PM in response to Winston Churchill

That's sorted it. For some reason it doesn't like 'all photos' being selected but it's happy if I do selected and then select all. I went back and forth a couple of times to check and indeed when I try 'all photos' the 'Photos' option disappears on my Apple TV. Weird. But at least I have the work-around now. I should have thought to try that but to be honest I just assumed that it was a function that had been removed with the switch from iPhoto - got used to Apple changing things like that! But I'm glad I checked and pleased that wasn't the case. Thanks very much for your assistance.

Photos no longer displayed in My Computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.