Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bad iMovie data transfer

In April 2015, I bought a brand new MacBook Pro. The Apple Store did a data transfer.

I rarely use iMovie, but when I opened it recently (July), I noticed that pieces of my old projects were missing. Error is "Missing File: MVI_(number) is missing. Try reimporting the original source media." Several Geniuses at The Apple Store worked 2 hours with me and even called corporate tech support. All RAW footage is there, but I would have to re-edit these projects.

Most of these files are from iPhoto. The Geniuses think that when I chose "Photos" as my app, a link was lost. We tried moving the project files from my backup hard drive, but this also didn't work. I am using iMovie 10.0.9 and am current with all software.

I am now burning the projects to DVD from the 2009 white MacBook where these projects were produced. I am wondering if there's a way to move these projects directly from my 2009 MacBook directly into my 2015 Pro. While these are far from being professional projects, they mean much to me.

Thank you!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, 2015 model, OS X 10.10.4

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 6:23 AM

There are no replies.

Bad iMovie data transfer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.