Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PLEASE HELP

So I had a little over 1,000 photos on my iPhone. I let my little sister play with it and somehow she ended up in the settings and she turned of the ICloud. This made me lose over 800 of my photos. I turned it back on and everywhere I look it says I've used up all my storage saving 1,057 photos. That's about the number I had. Now it's not downloading any of them! I've done every online thing I can find yet theyre not downloading. When my sister turned it off I had 227 photos in my album and now it says I have 327 but I don't know if it's downloading them slowly or if I can even retrieve them. Please help me! Those photos are my memories. If there is anyway I can get them back please let me know.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 4:31 AM

4 replies

Aug 1, 2015 5:13 AM in response to TrinityG

Sounds to me like the photos were from PhotoStream. PhotoStream only hold the last 30 days worth of photos in the cloud. If it got shut off, all of the photos that had been downloaded to your phone from PhotoStream were deleted from the device. When it got turned back on, you got the last 30 days worth. Anything prior to that is gone.

Please tell me you're storing your photos somewhere else as well... PhotoStream is NOT long term storage for photos.

PLEASE HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.