Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cache and Cookies

Cache and cookies keep reappearing appx every month or two from 2 years ago. Keep deleting but they keep coming back and always the same ones. Any direction?

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), Safari 8.0.7

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 6:02 AM

6 replies

Aug 1, 2015 12:48 PM in response to Saltie Dawg

Check your settings in Safari > Preferences then selectt the Privacy tab.

Click: Remove All Website Data

Quit then relaunch Safari then back to Safari > Preferences > Privacy.

Then select: Allow from websites I visit

In case you are not aware, the Firefox browser offers better cookie management >
Mozilla Firefox Web Browser

Enable and disable cookies that websites use to track your preferences | Firefox Help

Aug 2, 2015 5:09 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Thank You Carolyn!

Your advice works for normal items and that's how I handle cookies and cache but this is a unique set of cookies and cache from a long time ago that keep reappearing. About 15 items, always the same ones and none of these sites have been revisited. I just cleared them for the umpteenth time and they will reappear in about a month.

I'm stumped.

Aug 2, 2015 6:27 AM in response to Saltie Dawg

Safari/Preferences/Advanced - enable the Develop menu, then go there and Empty Caches. Then try Safari/History/Show History and delete all history items. Quit/reopen Safari and test. You can also try try Safari/Clear History and Web Site Data. The down side is it clears all cookies. Doing this may cause some sites to no longer recognize your computer as one that has visited the web site. Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library./Caches/com.apple.Safari/Caches.db and move it to the trash.

Cache and Cookies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.