Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 7.1.7 won't load web pages via fiber optic link

Hi

I have a iMac running OS X 10.9.5 with 16GB of memory.

My safari version is 7.1.7

Recently I signed up for a fiber optic connection via my ISP and they gave me a DLink dual band router AC1200. The

router model DLink - DIR-850L.

The security feature is set as WPA/WPA2 Perosnal.

My DNS servers set as 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220

For some strange reason it just won't load any of the webpages that I normally visit...from Facebook, bbc, cnn, new york times etc.It will just load the headers and some graphics...then u just have to wait.

Prior to the fiber optic connection I was using the broadband connection using cisco router and my DNS setting were the same as above

and my security was WPA/Personal and I HAD NO ISSUES at all.

I have tried the following:

1. refresh my safari with different DNS settings from 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 and also 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

2. checked all settings and connections

3. Tried suggestion by some forum users nothing works....

I called DLink support did not go far..called apple support also did not go far..

Can somebody please help...I am sure this must be a setting issue...but where????

Help much appreciated.....

Kish

Singapore

Apple TV, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 6:17 AM

10 replies

Aug 1, 2015 7:16 AM in response to kranai

Start up in Recovery mode. In the OS X Utilities screen, select Get Help Online. A clean copy of Safari will launch. No plugins, such as Flash, will be available. While in Recovery, you'll have no access to your saved bookmarks or passwords, so make a note of those before you begin, if they're needed for the test.

Test. After testing, restart as usual and post the results.

Aug 3, 2015 9:05 AM in response to Linc Davis

Hi Linc

Apologies for not getting back earlier on this I had to attend on some other matter.

Okay I re-started the iMac in Recovery mode and launch Online Help. Connected my wi-fi to the fiber optic SSID and saw

a signal strength of 4 bars.

Then I tried going to the apple support webpage and it loaded after 40 secs...tried going to another page nothing happens.

Then I tried various websites, FB, BBC, MXG, Yahoo etc...none of them loaded some case only one banner after some several seconds.

I then launch network utilities and tried to ping to the dlink DIR-850L router, and all the websites I mentioned above...all were successfull

with 0% packet lost.

Now where do i go from here?

Help much appreciated

Aug 4, 2015 7:27 AM in response to kranai

Safari/Preferences/Advanced - enable the Develop menu, then go there and Empty Caches. Quit/reopen Safari and test. Then try Safari/History/Show History and delete all history items. Quit/reopen Safari and test. You can also try try Safari/Reset Safari. The down side is it clears all cookies.Doing this may cause some sites to no longer recognize your computer as one that has visited the web site. Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library./Caches/com.apple.Safari/Caches.db and move it to the trash.

Go to Safari Preferences/Extensions and turn all extensions off. Test. If okay, turn the extensions on one by one until you figure out what extension is causing the problem.

Safari Corruption See post by Linc Davis

Aug 4, 2015 5:52 PM in response to Linc Davis

Hi

Yes I still had problems with Safari in Recovery mode. As I explained in my reply earlier I was not able to load webs pages from various websites BUT I was able to ping to them without any loss in packets.

I have not tried what Eric Root was suggesting which I will do soon and report on that outcome as well

Aug 4, 2015 8:40 PM in response to Eric Root

Hi

Safari/Preferences/Advanced - enable the Develop menu, then go there and Empty Caches. Quit/reopen Safari and test. - 😟 did not load the web pages

Then try Safari/History/Show History and delete all history items. Quit/reopen Safari and test. - 😟 did not load the web pages

You can also try try Safari/Reset Safari. The down side is it clears all cookies.Doing this may cause some sites to no longer recognize your computer as one that has visited the web site. 😟 did not load the web pages

Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library./Caches/com.apple.Safari/Caches.db and move it to the trash. - 😟 did not load the web pages

Go to Safari Preferences/Extensions and turn all extensions off. Test. If okay, turn the extensions on one by one until you figure out what extension is causing the problem. - 😟 did not load the web pages

Tried all the above none of it helped. Thanks for your effort. If you have any other suggestion please let me know.

Best regards

Safari 7.1.7 won't load web pages via fiber optic link

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.