Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto icon or software was gone

Hi, currently my software on my mac is OS X 10.9.5 (13F1096) after factory reseting my iPhoto library has gone and I have no idea how to set it back. what should I do??? thanks a lot!

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 5:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 5:17 AM

Hi, currently my software on my mac is OS X 10.9.5 (13F1096) after factory reseting my iPhoto library has gon

What do you mean by "factory reset"? What exactly did you do? Did you erase the drive and reinstall the system? Or did you restart the Mac?

iphoto is not part of the system software. You have to reinstall it the same way you originally installed it, or restore it from the backup you made before you reinstalled the system.

Your iPhoto library is by default in your Pictures folder. If it is missing there, restore the library from the last backup of your mac that you made.

See this on how to restore from Time Machine: iPhoto '11: Restoring from Time Machine with iPhoto '11 (9.2 or later) and OS X Lion 10.7.2 (or later)

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2015 5:17 AM in response to davevicente

Hi, currently my software on my mac is OS X 10.9.5 (13F1096) after factory reseting my iPhoto library has gon

What do you mean by "factory reset"? What exactly did you do? Did you erase the drive and reinstall the system? Or did you restart the Mac?

iphoto is not part of the system software. You have to reinstall it the same way you originally installed it, or restore it from the backup you made before you reinstalled the system.

Your iPhoto library is by default in your Pictures folder. If it is missing there, restore the library from the last backup of your mac that you made.

See this on how to restore from Time Machine: iPhoto '11: Restoring from Time Machine with iPhoto '11 (9.2 or later) and OS X Lion 10.7.2 (or later)

Aug 1, 2015 6:19 AM in response to davevicente

I restart my mac coz i wanted to delete al the files on it and when I installing the new drive I chose macontish HD after istallation

I am still not quite sure what you did, but it does sound like you erased the drive ("coz i wanted to delete al the files on it") and reinstalled the system on your MacintoshHD.

Then there is no iPhoto installed. Do you have a backup?

If you bought iPhoto from the AppStore or it came preinstalled on your Mac you may find an iPhoto Installer at the App Store in your Purchases History (the fourth tab at the AppStore, not on the Updates or Featured tab). Install iPhoto from there.

iPhoto icon or software was gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.