Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5 - battery trouble

Hello.

I newly bought a used iPhone 5, knowing that it had som trouble with the battery indicator. The battery % indicater shows wrong, until the phone shuts down, and then restarts. To me it seems like a short curcuit.

This only happens when the screen is on, but if I keep turning the screen off regularly this won't happen. I've tried to turn off the battery % indicator, but there's no change. I've also tried to reset the phone, without any changes in the result - it keeps shutting down.

What can I do? Would it help to change the battery?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4, null

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 5:25 AM

3 replies

Aug 1, 2015 5:34 AM in response to Hobhv

Apple doesn't sell iPhone parts, including batteries. You can have the battery replaced by Apple if there is something wrong with it.

Make an appointment at the genius bar of your local Apple Store and have it tested. There is no charge for Apple to run a diagnostic on it. It may fall under a recall that was issued for a limited number of iPhone 5's that had defective batteries.

iphone 5 - battery trouble

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.