Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello, My daughter-in-law reauthorized my new computer. We puchased a new song on i-tunes and downloaded it to pc (windows 7). I am unable to transfer the new song to my old i-pod nano (7th gen). Help - Thank you!

Hello, My daughter-in-law reauthorized my new computer. I did not save the I-tunes before the crash. We updated the software on I-pod. We puchased a new song on i-tunes and downloaded it to pc (windows 7). I can see my old music on I-pod, but am unable to transfer the new song to my old i-pod nano (7th gen). Help - Thank you!

iPod nano (7th generation), Windows 7

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 7:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 6:45 AM

Howdy livermore2015,

Your iPod nano's manual explains how to sync content with iTunes on your Windows computer. See page 15 - https://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1624/en_US/iPod_nano_2015_user_gui de.pdf

Should you continue to have issues, you may want to use the troubleshooting steps also found in the above manual, page 56. In particular -

The 5 Rs: Reset, Retry, Restart, Reinstall, Restore

Remember these five basic suggestions if you have a problem with iPod nano. Try these steps one at a time until your issue is resolved. If one of the following doesn’t help, read on for solutions to specific problems.

• Reset iPod nano. See General suggestions, below.

• Retry with a different USB port if you cannot see iPod nano in iTunes.

• Restart your computer, and make sure you have the latest software updates installed.

• Reinstall iTunes software from the latest version on the web.

• Restore iPod nano. See Update and restore iPod software on page 59.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best to you.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2015 6:45 AM in response to livermore2015

Howdy livermore2015,

Your iPod nano's manual explains how to sync content with iTunes on your Windows computer. See page 15 - https://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1624/en_US/iPod_nano_2015_user_gui de.pdf

Should you continue to have issues, you may want to use the troubleshooting steps also found in the above manual, page 56. In particular -

The 5 Rs: Reset, Retry, Restart, Reinstall, Restore

Remember these five basic suggestions if you have a problem with iPod nano. Try these steps one at a time until your issue is resolved. If one of the following doesn’t help, read on for solutions to specific problems.

• Reset iPod nano. See General suggestions, below.

• Retry with a different USB port if you cannot see iPod nano in iTunes.

• Restart your computer, and make sure you have the latest software updates installed.

• Reinstall iTunes software from the latest version on the web.

• Restore iPod nano. See Update and restore iPod software on page 59.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best to you.

Hello, My daughter-in-law reauthorized my new computer. We puchased a new song on i-tunes and downloaded it to pc (windows 7). I am unable to transfer the new song to my old i-pod nano (7th gen). Help - Thank you!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.