Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod classic stops playing when connected using a usb port on my car

My iPod classic abruptly stops playing when connected to the usb port on my new car. Sometimes is reboots itself, other times I have to manually reboot. Is there a cure for this annoying problem?

iPod classic 160GB (Late 2009)

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 8:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 8:33 AM

I had the same problem with my 160 GB. I was going back to work and it was playing just fine, stopped at a store and then continued on my way and it would not play. It was recognized and the song title was recognized on the radio but there was no sound coming out of the speakers. When I got to work I played it in my office and it was fine in the Bose dock that I use. I tried to use a different cord and nothing, same problem. I had to take my 120 GB Classic and use that for my car. I have a 2014 Subaru Crosstrek.

I do not know why or how it won't play in my car via USB but it does work with an AUX cord. Try that and you should be ok unless you have another iPod to use instead. I have been searching for a reason why my 160GB just stopped working in my car and this was about a year ago that this happened.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2015 8:33 AM in response to reDford5275

I had the same problem with my 160 GB. I was going back to work and it was playing just fine, stopped at a store and then continued on my way and it would not play. It was recognized and the song title was recognized on the radio but there was no sound coming out of the speakers. When I got to work I played it in my office and it was fine in the Bose dock that I use. I tried to use a different cord and nothing, same problem. I had to take my 120 GB Classic and use that for my car. I have a 2014 Subaru Crosstrek.

I do not know why or how it won't play in my car via USB but it does work with an AUX cord. Try that and you should be ok unless you have another iPod to use instead. I have been searching for a reason why my 160GB just stopped working in my car and this was about a year ago that this happened.

iPod classic stops playing when connected using a usb port on my car

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.