Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I Pad does not play sounds

I need some help with my I Pad version 8.4. 12h143. It does not play any sounds after I installed the recent update. It plays music and You Tube audio and I get audio from other apps...it just does not play the sounds. I do not get any alerts to Face Time, Messaging or scheduled events or that emails were sent/received, etc.

When I go into Settings and Sounds the sound samples play...no issue. I looked all through the settings searching for any indication that sounds are muted or off but I have not found anything that I can identify. The keyboard typewriter clicks do not work either. As stated I do get audio from all other apps and searches. I gave thought to downloading and installing the 8.4 update again but there does not seem to be any way to do that.

Anyone else with similar issues or suggestions on where to look for a cause to this issue is appreciated.

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 7:41 AM

1 reply

I Pad does not play sounds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.