Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

copy .mp3 and .flac files on iPhone

I have several mp3 files that I would like to copy on the iPhone, and use some as ringtones. Apparently my "iTunes Store" app won't let me do anything of that kind. Cable connection with the PC does not work either. I even tried sending some files by email and have them play, but they don't appear anywhere else, only as message attachments.

What is the easiest way to proceed?

Thanks

iPhone 5c

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 8:32 AM

1 reply

Aug 1, 2015 10:50 AM in response to pozkad

You have to use iTunes to load .mp3 files on to your iPhone, first drag-n-drop files into iTunes Music window, they have to be files that are on your Hard-Drive, if they are on a disc as .mp3 drag-n-drop on to your Music folder on hard drive first, don't move them after dragging them into iTunes or iTunes will lose connection with them, then connect your iPhone to iTunes via USB, then sync music to your phone. If you wish this in more detail let me know.

copy .mp3 and .flac files on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.