Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I monitor my teens text messages?

I want to find a program to monitor my teens text messages.

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 8:22 AM

1 reply

Aug 1, 2015 8:45 AM in response to Lion-of-judah67

If you and your child both have iOS devices and are sharing an Apple ID, you can see their iMessages. However, I don't recommend this. Sharing Apple IDs leads to a whole host of complications. Not the least of which is they can see your iMessages.

Contact your carrier to see if they offer any methods of monitoring your child's cellular phone use. Such services generally give you the ability to limit amounts of usage, times of day and particular contacts. You most likely won't be able to read the messages themselves.

To read the messages themselves, you're going to need physical access to the phone. Make it one of the privilege of using the phone that you will randomly inspect the phone. You can tell from your bill if there are messages being deleted that you haven't read. If the rules aren't being followed, confiscate the phone.

I always thought this mom had the right idea:

http://www.janellburleyhofmann.com/postjournal/gregorys-iphone-contract/

How do I monitor my teens text messages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.