Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong Warranty period/Purchase date

Hi all,

My Apple iPhone 5's display screen is showing some vertical lines (covering 70% of area) & a black patch of approx 1 sq. cm on left side corner of screen. To get it rectified , i had visited Apple Premium Reseller outlet located in Borivali west , Mumbai today. I was informed by the representative that as per system, my device is out of warranty period. However, after going through hard copies of invoice available with me (which shows date of purchase as 5th Aug 2014), i was requested to contact Apple Customer care & get this corrected in Apple system. I had called customer care number & as instructed forwarded requisite details.

However , i am getting out of patience due to no update on the same as hardly 2-3 days remains in warranty period.

Have anyone witnessed such gap in actual purchase date & one updated in Apple System ?

Regards,

Pankaj P.

<Personal Information Edited By Host>

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4, null

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 9:57 AM

5 replies

Aug 2, 2015 3:01 AM in response to deggie

Hi Deggie,

No, Purchase was done from Well reputed retailer based in Mall of Emirates, Dubai. I have proper invoice copies which mentions date of purchase as 5th Aug 2014.

However, I have got reply from Apple, according to which my purchase is a replacement to original & now I am supposed to chase the retailer instead of Apple. Not able to understand why should a consumer chase a retailer instead of original manufacturer being such a well reputed brand.

Apple must check with the retailer in case any malpractice has happened in between.

Now I feel totally cheated & thinking what can be done in such scenario. As per my original purchase invoice, warranty lasts till closing hours on 4th Aug 2015.

Regards,

Pankaj , Mumbai.

Wrong Warranty period/Purchase date

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.