Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud safari history between iOS and OS X

Hello the community!

Here is the issue, the other day, I restored my iPhone and since this day, my history sync has issues.

The first days every websites I visited on my iPhone were sync to Safari history on my Mac, the other way didn't work.

These days it's the opposite, websites from Safari on Mac are in the history on my iPhone, the other way doesn't work.

I noticed something, this problem seems to occur also on my girlfriend's devices and she has a different iCloud ID.

The websites visited her the Mac are sync to her iPhone and iPad. Not the other way.

But websites visited from her iPad or iPhone sync well in the history.

So is it a problem between iOS 8 and OS X?

Is it happening to you too?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 9:31 AM

4 replies

Aug 1, 2015 1:57 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Hello Carolyn, thanks for your answer.

I've done that already. I also sign out from iCloud on both devices, restart log back in...

Same issue. As I mentionned, maybe it's an Apple issue that will be solved because it happens the same thing to my girlfriend.

I remember it worked fine before and now she has the same issue. She didn't restore or have done anything in particular.

Regards,

Aug 2, 2015 5:03 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

I already done that... Same issue.

Sometimes the websites from my iPhone are in the history on my Mac, when it works this way websites from my Mac don't go to my iPhone. Sometimes it's the opposite. Or sometimes the history works fine for 30min or so between my Mac and my iPhone, and then one of the devices stop syncing history to the other device.

When I delete history from one device, the other device gets its history cleaned as well. And if I delete one website from the history on one device, the other gets the same website deleted as well.

So I guess the syncing works but it has issues, maybe a clean install of OS X on my Mac and iOS on my phone could solve the problem. I will wait for El Capitan and iOS 9 to do that.

Because I don't want to create a brand new iCloud ID just for this issue...

iCloud safari history between iOS and OS X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.