Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tried everything!

I'm trying to remove all photos from my iphone6. I can't use iphoto on my new Mac it's not an option. I have downloaded all of them to my photos. So now I have backed up my phone to my mac and plan on restoring it to factory settings. My question is will I be able to reload my phone with everything EXCEPT the photos?

Thank you. Mac newbie here.

🙂

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 9:12 AM

4 replies

Aug 1, 2015 9:18 AM in response to User106

No you have not tried everything (if you actually had then obviously there would be no possible solution)

You can delete photos on your phone its self

You can connect it via USB and delete photos from it using Image Capture (in your applications folder)

when you initially import the photos to Photos you can check the box to delete them after import prior to importing

So now I have backed up my phone to my mac and plan on restoring it to factory settings. My question is will I be able to reload my phone with everything EXCEPT the photos?

And this forum is for using Photos for Mac - you need to ask your detailed iPhone questions in the iPhone forum for your model and IOS

LN

Aug 1, 2015 10:41 AM in response to User106

Photos in the Camera Roll album in your Photos app on the iPhone can be removed directly on the phone. Open the Photos app and select the Camera Roll album. Then tap select at the top of the screen. Tap on each photo to select it, then tap on the trash can. The photos are then moved to the Recently Deleted album where they will remain for 30 days. This is to allow you to recover those photos should you want to. If you are sure you want to delete the photos repeat the above process with the Recently Deleted album.

Photos in albums that were synced to your iPhone using iTunes on your computer are removed by doing another sync with that same computer. Start iTunes on the computer, connect your iPhone, select your iPhone in iTunes, then select the Photos choice in the left sidebar. If you do not see a left sidebar you can select toes it in the View menu of iTunes. In the Photos tab then, select to not sync photos or deselect all the albums listed. Then when you click on Sync or Apply the deselected items will be removed from your iPhone but they will remain on your computer.

Tried everything!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.