Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to unlock apple id when i reset password it still won't work

Apple id locked for security purposes and says to reset password but every time i rest the password and try to login in the same thing continues to pop up

MacBook

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 10:06 AM

12 replies

Dec 16, 2017 6:10 PM in response to lynetteann3

I have had this problem for over 4 years with my husband's iPad. The screen was locked out and this permanent window asking to enter the apple id password in order to sign on to FaceTime, keeps appearing. When we enter the correct password, it says its incorrect. He finally gave up and put the iPad in the sock drawer.

Today, we tried it again. We tried the one suggestion I found in an old thread of connecting it to a desktop/laptop and to iTunes for an update etc.. but that window keeps appearing. We don't have a back up of the stuff that's in it so we weren't willing to do a restore to factory state.

When I press the cancel button on that screen, there is a fraction of a second when the window disappears. What I did was use this precious time to click on the settings on the home screen. I have to first find it and have my other finger hover it, tap it quickly and it worked! Of course that window appears again (the enter apple id window) within a fraction of a second. So I had to tap on the cancel button again to get back to the screen I was at. It took a lot of tapping. If I needed to scroll up or down, I was able to do it after tapping on the cancel button. When I needed to enter letters and numbers, I tapped cancel and entered one letter at a time.

Once I'm in the settings, it was a matter of finding the iTunes section and entering the apple id and password. It was blank. The problem was it needed wifi, so I went to the wifi section and tried to catch the network and enter the password. Catching the wifi network was the toughest part. Maybe I didn't need to do this part because I realized I could just turn off FaceTime!

Finally, I went to the settings, to FaceTime settings and turned it off. iPad is now working.

how to unlock apple id when i reset password it still won't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.