Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i download my purchased movies from my mac to my macbook air?

i have a mac at home that has all of mine and my family's movies on it. we are going on a road trip and i would like to be able to watch some of the movies on my macbook air in the car, but i can't figure out how to get the movies downloaded onto my computer. i have different apple id's on the computers, so i can't sync them on the cloud, and i also dont have a cord to connect them, so i can't sync them that way either. i have also tried putting them onto my phone and then transferring them to my laptop but i only have an 8 GB phone, so i dont have enough room to download any of them. if anyone knows how to download movies from a mac to a macbook air with a different apple id without a cord that would be great! thanks!

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 11:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 11:52 AM

Drag them onto a regular external drive, connect that drive to the other Mac, move them to its internal one, and from there into the open iTunes application window or the Automatically Add to iTunes folder.

Rented movies won’t play if moved in this way.

(131088)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2015 11:52 AM in response to Anna1500

Drag them onto a regular external drive, connect that drive to the other Mac, move them to its internal one, and from there into the open iTunes application window or the Automatically Add to iTunes folder.

Rented movies won’t play if moved in this way.

(131088)

how do i download my purchased movies from my mac to my macbook air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.