Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to import all of my 6,800 photos from my iPhone 6 onto my MacBook Pro which is using the latest OS X Yosemite software, but none of my photos are importing at all when I plugged my phone in and pressed import. How do I solve this?

I am trying to import all of my 6,800 photos from my iPhone 6 onto my MacBook Pro which is using the latest OS X Yosemite software, but none of my photos are importing at all when I plugged my phone in and pressed import. How do I solve this?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), iPhone 6 on IOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 11:03 AM

2 replies

Aug 1, 2015 11:38 AM in response to hawk200010

man-that's a lot of photos. look in Photos on your Macbook Pro. try image capture. It should recognize your phone when it's plugged into your MacBook Pro

try the usual. power down phone, power down macbook pro, restart 'em both-sync iphone to macbook then try importing them. you may need to have icloud photo library working? go to settings on iPhone, then iCloud, then photos, then turn on "My Photo Stream". It'll store your photos up to 30 days. you could try AnyTrans--might work okay?I think the limit is 1,000 photos per hour. I'm guessing your device shows up in Photo under "Devices". Click on it to find out info on photos. you should see the option to import 1 or all of them. failing that, try doing a hard reset on your phone. hold down home+Power button until iphone turns off, then wait a bit, and restart it....

well, I tried

JB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.